Day 3: Larry

Tuesday, December 25, 2012


Day 3.  I am around 42km behind because I didn't ride yesterday.  Must catch up.

Cloudy, rainy and windy.  Yikes.  It must be karma for staying in bed yesterday.

Bret takes me on a route with a couple of hundred meters climb.  On the way down I meet Larry.


Nice to meet you, Larry (*)


I ask Bret how he found out his name is Larry.  "Well he comes every time I say 'hi Larry!'"











It is pouring hard and cold!  I ask Bret to stop at a cafe for a while to warm up.  I spend an eternity with my hands under the hot water in the bathroom.

I am having hot tea.   Bret looks at his GPS and says "Cool, we've done 30km so far!".  I look at my cellphone and... oh noes!  It rebooted itself and the Strava app is closed!

My phone only recorded 17.5km of the first 30.  Noooooooooooo

*sigh*

*another sigh*

*deep breathe*

Ok. There are still 5 days left.


(*) Photo by Bret Staz


0 comments:

Post a Comment