Day 5: The mind wants, the legs refuse

Friday, December 28, 2012


Day 5:  38km behind but I really want to do it!

Today I am really paranoid about the cellphone dying so I check it every 30 min.  Lesson: yes, I should get a decent GPS if I want to do these kind of long activities.

Cañada Road in the morning.   Many other people cycling.

Cool fact! Cyclists are friendly.  You know, California is a very lonely place in the sense that people are always deep in their smart phone/tablet/laptop and never stop or just say hi.   But cyclists are different!  They all say hello when passing by, even ask if you are ok and need anything.

East Bay in the afternoon with Bret.  He lets me borrow his smart phone which is in much better condition than mine :)  So I use it to record the ride.


Sir, you should be wearing a helmet. (*)





It starts getting dark, we stop to drink water and Bret says "Two more loops and then we go home.  Is that ok?".  I reply "yeah of course I can ride a lot more!".   Two or three seconds later I am on the ground.  Fall again!

The longer I ride, the harder it gets to clip back on the pedals.  And the more stubborn the legs grow :)

I get up with just a small bruise on the knee (but a bigger one on my pride) and get on.   Then I notice the back tire feels... weird.  Different.

"Let me see" says Bret.

....And behold my first flat tire!

So, yeah maybe it is time to go back home.


(*) Photo by Bret Staz



0 comments:

Post a Comment